Route des Alpes: Cycling, Mountain Biking & Motorbike Holidays in Serre Chevalier, French Alps
Every bikers dream: an amazing holiday destination located at the base of the mythical mountain passes of Alpe d'Huez, Galibier, Lautaret, Granon and Izoard!
Come to Serre Chevalier for your cycle holidays in France, a paradise for cycling in the French Alps. This valley has an amazing amount of specialist biking activities and events on offer, click on the links below to read more:
Come and stay at our Hotel Alliey, or in our Residence Pre des Ors apartments this summer on your cycling, mountain biking or motorbiking holiday in the French Alps, here are some reasons why:
- Amazing location: in the center of the village of Monetier les Bains in the Serre Chevalier valey, with a lovely garden and terrace with spectacular views of the Alps.
- Our Alliey Mountain Spa: has an indoor massage pool with air jets and swan necks and an outdoor heated swimming pool surrounded by the mountains.
- DECLEOR Spa Treatments: we provide an amazing selection of spa treatments including facials, face massages and body massages for you to choose from in our DECLEOR Spa.
- Our restaurant La Maison Alliey is the perfect place for a post ride feast, to come and fill up on delicious gourmet food, made from locally sourced produce.
- Our overflowing wine cellar: is full to the brim with a very wide selection of wines from all over France, come and tickle your taste buds with the fantastic variety on offer, by the glass, the caraf or the bottle.
Accommodation & special biking services:
- Alliey Hotel & Spa: 2 star hotel rooms, 3 star hotel rooms
- Apartment rentals in Residence Le Pre des Ors: with Hotel Alliey services
- Laundry service
- Secured bike storage
- We are partnered with a local bike shop
- MARMOTTE GRANFONDO 2014: the legendary 174km bike race will take place on 7th July 2014. through Isere, Savoie and the Alps, starting in Bourg d’Oisans via the Col du Glandon (1,918m), Col du Télégraphe (1,570m), Col du Galibier (2,642m) and the Col du Lautaret (2,057m) and the famous 21 hairpins of the Alpe d'Huez(1880m) to the finish, featuring 5,000m of height gain and 7,000 participants! Follow this link to visit the official MARMOTTE GRANFONDO site, including route maps and full program.
- COL RÉSERVÉS 2014: Act 1 - 30th June - 4th July 2014, Act 2 - 11 - 15 August 2014. Follow this link to visit the official COL RÉSERVÉS 2014 site including maps, full program and videos from 2013.
- La Serre Che Luc Alphand 2014: 28-29 June 2014. Follow this link to visit the official La Serre Che Luc Alphand 2014 site including
- Le Defi du Granon 2014: on 15th August 2014, 12km race with an elevation gain of 1063 meters in Serre Chevalier. Follow this link for more information: Le Defi du Granon 2014
- GALIBIER 1000M CHALLENGE 2014: on 16th August 2014, a timed race between Villar d'Arène and the top of the famous Col du Galibier, often climbed by the competitors of the Tour de France. Follow this link for more information: GALIBIER 1000M CHALLENGE